Fabreeka® Structural Expansion Bearings accommodate thermal expansion and beam end rotation. They also absorb shock, vibration and structure-borne noise.
The Fabreeka® bearing pad consists of multiple layers of cotton-polyester duck impregnated with high quality rubber. The pad can withstand loads of up to 12,000 psi before breakdown.
The polytetrafluorethylene (PTFE) self-lubricating surface bearing element is comprised of 100 percent virgin (unfilled) polytetrafluorethylene polymer and bonded to a rigid confining substrate. The substrate limits the flow (elongation) of the confined PTFE, which has a thickness of not less than 1/32".
Fabreeka® Structural Expansion Bearings consist of an Upper Unit and a Lower Unit. The Upper Unit includes a 10 GA carbon steel plate with a mirror-finished stainless steel facing epoxy-bonded and spot-welded to the bottom surface.
The Lower Unit is comprised of a Fabreeka® pad surfaced with PTFE. A rigid confining medium substrate bonds the PTFE to the pad.
When the Upper and Lower Units are mated, the stainless steel facing slides on the PTFE surface with an extremely low coefficient of friction.
Some features and benefits of the Fabreeka® Structural Expansion Bearings:
- The Fabreeka® pad has been subjected to and survived (per environmental test MIL-E-5272) moisture, sunshine, salt spray, fungus and dust
- They achieve effective performance in environments where temperatures range from extremes of -65°F to 200°F
- Fabreeka® pads are impervious to oils commonly found in industrial applications and are resistant to the effects of steam, water, mildew and brine
- They can accommodate surface irregularity and angularity due to rotation between bearing faces, prevent the flaking and powdering of concrete surfaces due to uneven load distribution and are abrasion resistant
- High-load capability (2,000 psi maximum), thus minimizing the pad size and space requirements with only 5% creep at maximum loading
- Offer a low profile where space is a problem
- Provide excellent shock absorption, vibration isolation and structure-borne noise isolation with high damping
- Very low coefficient of friction
- Surfaced with a PTFE resin to facilitate the sliding capability of Fabreeka's® complete line of SBX slide expansion bearings
- Meets MIL-C-882, AASHTO, P.C.I. and D.O.T. "Preformed Fabric Pad" specification requirements
- Prompt availability to erectors since pads are fabricated to individual requirements from a large internal pad stock inventory
- Maintenance free bearings
Some typical Fabreeka® Structural Expansion Bearing pads applications include:
- Bridges (Concrete and Steel)
- Buildings (Concrete and Steel)
- Load Cells (Scales)
- Structures (All Types)
Unasco - Union Rubber & Engineering
254 Toongabbie Road
Girraween NSW 2146
Phone: (02) 9636 1200
Fax: (02) 9688 4831
to request a brochure.
Fabreeka is a registered trademark of Fabreeka International Inc.
For more information on their complete range please click here.